Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Are you passionate about making an impact? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit?
Do you enjoy helping other entrepreneurs grow? Then keep reading because this may be the job for you!
Innovation Depot is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded CEO that will expand the Depot’s mission of identifying, growing, and graduating successful entrepreneurs.
- Identify: Expand the reach of programs designed to convert want-repreneurs into entrepreneurs
- Grow: Mentor, coach, and support entrepreneurs as they grow their companies
- Graduate: Support entrepreneurs as they move out into and thrive within the larger community
The overarching goals are to…
- Get visionaries in motion (turn want-repreneurs into entrepreneurs)
- Drive Vision, Voltage and Velocity Programs that help get people started on their entrepreneurial journey
- Continue to a pump out $100M+ companies (such as recent graduates – Fleetio, Pack Health, Theranest)
- Create an environment that helps grow companies from MVP into unicorns
Who are we?
- As a leading business incubator, Innovation Depot fosters innovation and entrepreneurship by helping turn ideas into reality and startups into high growth job-creating companies
- Our mission is to incubate and accelerate tech & bio-focused, high-growth businesses by providing teams with a proven blueprint for success, support in strategic areas, and access to an inclusive and supportive community.
- We add value by being a catalyst for growth for our members, partners, and community.
- We were named the “largest entrepreneurial support system in the Southeast” by Inc Magazine.
As the CEO, you will be positioned to harness the efforts of an existing coalition of stakeholders to build out the ecosystem and develop Birmingham’s emerging innovation district. Key responsibilities include strategic planning, community-building, budget management, facility oversight, , advocating for entrepreneurism, and mentoring young companies and budding entrepreneurs.
What else you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the Board and Staff to develop, communicate and execute strategies and initiatives to deliver on Innovation Depot’s mission and vision.
- Promote, partner, and collaborate with key relationships in the business community, entrepreneurial ecosystem, and state & local government to ensure support for the organization.
- Connect technology startups with Innovation Depot programs.
- Lead the management team and organization, fostering a culture that guides entrepreneurs, resulting in the launch of successful, ethical, and sustainable businesses.
- Represent Innovation Depot’s brand in the Birmingham community and beyond.
- Coordinate the development of best-in-class mentors for Innovation Depot and participate in business coaching.
- Oversee the administration of funds in accordance with fiscal policies established by the Board of Directors, including the budget process.
- Drive revenue-generation efforts through Innovation Depot investors and business partners to ensure the sustainable financial success of the organization; identify and pursue funding sources for current and future programs.
- Interact with other leaders to benchmark organization performance and develop strategic alliances.
- Lead with a keen focus on growth, cash flow, and KPIs.
- Execute a growth strategy that leverages the organization’s current strengths and momentum.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop plans for the ongoing improvement of the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel to accommodate organizational objectives.
- Work closely with financial staff and partners to prepare, review and analyze financial reports, budgets, and other fiscal reports. Oversee direction, planning, and negotiations for contractual agreements (e.g., purchasing, selling, leasing/rental agreements).
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable work environment and drive management to understand, achieve and surpass individual, departmental, and organization-wide goals and objectives.
What you need to have:
- Demonstrated effective leadership in the entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to collaboratively work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations, universities, economic development organizations, and the public.
- Demonstrated abilities in the areas of strategic planning; business and financial analysis and forecasting; financial and operational processes; personnel management.
- Experience in the identification, development, and management of new business opportunities.
- Strong strategic and analytical orientation with the ability to translate strategy and vision into tangible operational and financial goals.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills; ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Outstanding teamwork and influence-management skills; ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Effective team leadership skills coupled with maintaining an entrepreneurial culture that fosters results attainment.
- Effective, articulate, and dynamic communication skills. Highly developed interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to deal confidently with multiple constituents both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in the marketplace by providing the strategic thinking, vision, and tactical leadership to achieve success.
- Advanced business operations know-how, and a market-focused approach are essential.
- An unwavering positive attitude, passionate and engaging personality
- The highest level of integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strategic perspective
- Commercial expertise and seen as a peer to other entrepreneurs and a leader to the other companies that are supporting entrepreneurial businesses.
- Displays executive presence, a balanced ego, and sound business judgment.
- Above all, this individual should be a strong and dynamic leader who has the breadth of experience and personal drive and motivation needed to accelerate growth of a strong organization.
Where you’ll be working: Birmingham, AL
Who you’ll report to: The Board of Directors
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.Five Year Plan - Final