(Full time/exempt role)
Innovation Depot is 140,000 square feet of office, lab, and coworking space—all designed to incubate and accelerate Birmingham’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. As the largest tech startup program in the Southeast, we are the magnet that attracts the most driven and collaborative tech entrepreneurs. Our goal is to be a force multiplier that inspires, compels, and helps center founders for the most productive and promising path forward.
Our team provides programming and the playbook for success to help founders take an idea and build a scalable business. What we do well is eliminate barriers for founders. Our team is flexible and responsive. We become our founders’ early adopters and help shape, elevate, and influence their ideas into realities and be a resource they can trust.
About The Role:
Innovation Depot is seeking a Community Coordinator to work with staff to support our programmatic, community building, and marketing goals in order to advance the mission of The Depot. The role primarily calls for someone who is organized, communicates clearly, understands customer service, and is technologically savvy. This person will be responsible for working with members of the Innovation Depot staff to execute projects and key initiatives and provide critical assistance across the organization. This dynamic role will work closely with every member of the Depot team and will provide excellent insight into the inner workings of a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem.
What You’ll Do:
Programmatic Coordination (45%)
- Support the Director of Acceleration and the Director of Training with the day-to-day execution of tasks related to The Depot’s three flagship programs and various other training initiatives
- Build strategic relationships with other startup/entrepreneurial resource programs in the region
- Recruit founders to program pathways
- Help build and maintain The Depot’s mentor network
- Serve as initial point of contact for program inquiries
Operational Support/Community Building (45%)
- Facilitate tours of Innovation Depot
- OfficeRnD (operations software) support as needed
- Assist in onboarding new tenants
- Database management & data collection
- Member company support/problem solving
Marketing & Communications Support (10%)
- Social media content creation support
- Announcement screen update support
- Hubspot (CRM) support as needed
- Event support as needed
- A bachelor’s degree (recent grads are encouraged to apply)
- Exceptional computer skills, preferably some experience working with CRMs and database management systems as well as tools like Slack and Airtable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Team-oriented nature and a history of working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
Skills and Competencies You Own:
• Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Does what’s right when no one is looking.
• Focus: Ability to prioritize and focus on what’s most important.
• Collaborative: Proactively works with others regardless of org structure, role, or team to deliver the best results quickly. Willing to engage in constructive conflict to reach the best decisions fastest.
• Grit: Passion and perseverance for long-term goals.
• Vision: Ability to identify trends, see what’s on the horizon, and capitalize on opportunities.
• Confident Humility: Having faith in our capability while appreciating that we may not have the right solution or even be addressing the right problem. If knowledge is power, knowing what we don’t know is wisdom.
• Decisive: Moves quickly and has a bias for action.
• Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
• Organization: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner.
• Analytical: Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
• Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
• Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Is comfortable being uncomfortable.
• Ingenuity: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
• Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work, the team, our founders, and the company as a whole.
• High Standards: Expects personal and team performance to be nothing short of excellent.
• Communication: Speaks and writes with clarity in all mediums, including email, Slack, etc
This position will be a dual report to the Director of Acceleration and the Director of Operations but will work closely with all members of the team, especially the Director of Marketing, Director of Training, and the Experience Manager.
- Health, dental, & life insurance coverage
- Retirement plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Relaxed and casual dress environment with exposure to many dynamic companies and successful entrepreneurs
$35,000-$40,000 commensurate with experience
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Community Coordinator Application” in the subject line.