Now Hiring – CONTROLLER
We are looking for a Controller to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements, calculating tax payments and returns, and payroll processes. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and payroll management.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, attentive, and efficient. They can complete work skillfully/independently and must be good at giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Oversee creation and maintenance of $3.5 Million budget
- Prepare budget forecasts and implement controls to limit risk
- Manage monthly billing processes
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely payments/cut checks
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Report on the company’s financial health
- Audit financial transactions and documents (work closely with 3rd party auditors annually)
- Manage payroll for small team
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Create quarterly financial reports for board review
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks
- 5+ years of related work experience in general accounting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and accounting guidelines
- Nonprofit experience is a plus
- Grant management experience is a plus
This position is approximately 30 hours per week and comes with access to a benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement, etc.
In order to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to our Director of Operations, Virginia Sauer, at email@example.com.